Who May Apply?
For Scheme 1:
Consortia composed of at least one university/research institute and at least one large enterprise/SME, international organizations. Applicants must be nationals of a Member State of the EU, Egypt or other ENPI countries and be registered and based in the Egypt. Please refer to the guidelines for detailed eligibility criteria.
Type of Actions include
Collaborative projects focusing on applied research, defined as the creation, development and/or implementation of an innovative product, process or service.
- Self-contained operations, with a coherent set of activities including clearly defined operational objectives, target groups and planned outcomes.
- Projects designed in response to the needs of the innovation system in Egypt and particularly the needs of the different economic sectors specially industry.
Actions have to be inline with one or more of the fund objectives and could be built upon on-going applied research that has been patented or currently in the process of being paten.
All actions must take place in Egypt and may not exceed 30 month.
For Scheme 2:
In order to be eligible for a grant, applicants must be university/research institute, large enterprise/SME, international organization that has the interest and competence to contribute to the innovation system in Egypt. Applicants must be nationals of a Member State of the EU, Egypt or other ENPI countries and be registered and based in the Egypt. Please refer to the guidelines for detailed eligibility criteria.
Type of Actions include
Proposed activities may include (but not limited to):
· Projects that aim at development of innovative ideas/on going research, the output of which would improve quality of products, improving the efficiency of processes, services, etc…
· Projects that aim at promoting R&D capabilities of the Research sector to the SMEs/Industrial sector (including, but not limited to, organizing awareness campaigns, exhibitions and brokerage events).
· Projects that aim at matchmaking between the industry and the academia, for example through supporting researchers sabbaticals to work with the industry, developing applied R&D or Innovation Awards, etc.
· Actions aiming at promoting entrepreneurship such as incubating inventors/entrepreneurs, supporting start-ups and mentoring via business angels.
· Development and/or commercializing innovative ideas/patents, products or services developed by Researchers, Entrepreneurs.
· Activities that aim at transferring new knowledge and/or technology to universities, research centers, and SMEs such as capacity building programs, supporting/establishing technology transfer offices, and organizing workshops and trainings on innovation valorisation best practices.
· Actions promoting science communication, public engagement in science and fostering the science and innovation ecosystem, including science festivals, competitions and exhibitions.
· Actions involving science promotion and education, particularly targeting the youth and especially university and school students.
All actions must take place in Egypt and may not exceed 18 months.
How to Apply?
Applications for both Scheme 1 & 2 grants are based on two stages where applicants have to submit Concept Notes that have to be evaluated before being invited to submit a full application form. Proposals received after this deadline will automatically be rejected.
Applications, guidelines and annexes relevant to each scheme can be downloaded from here or from the EuropeAid web site
Completed applications together with supporting documents must be submitted by hand/post to:
Research, Development and Innovation Programme
Ministry of Scientific Research
101 Kasr El-Aini St.