Deadline: March 23rd, 2017
The European Commission and the Government of Egypt signed in May 2011 the Research, Development and Innovation (RDI2) agreement (ENPI/2010/21866). The agreement aims at continuing the first phase of the RDI Programme that is designed to support the development of research and innovation in Egypt.
Within the scope of the Programme, the Ministry of Scientific Research is seeking highly motivated personnel to fill in the following vacancies at the Programme's Implementation Office:
1. Communication Officer
2. IT Assistant
Vacant Positions for RDI2:
1. Communication Office
- Responsible for the full production process of all RDI print and promotional material This includes writing, designing, print production and quality control of all RDI publications including brochures, flyers, leaflets, toolkits, and giveaways;
- Identifying and developing news and features for media purposes aiming at promoting the activities of the RDI Programme to a wide variety of audiences;
- Drafting, timely appropriate, effective press releases in Arabic & English to announce to press and media representatives RDI Programme activities;
- Drafting and compiling required information to enable the development of effective material for the RDI website, newsletters, and other information material;
- Assisting in the organization of media interviews, press conferences and media capacity building workshops;
- Developing and updating the design and content of the RDI website and relevant websites
- Updating and expanding the suppliers database regarding qualified print houses and design offices;
- Developing, with specialized agencies, documentary films about the RDI Programme and its activities;
- Initiate and sustain effective professional relationships with the media including compiling and managing a comprehensive media database and organizing media briefings and press conferences.
2. IT Assistant
- University degree preferably in communications, advertising, marketing, public relations or related fields;
- Self – motivated & pro-active personnel with excellent writing, communications and (graphic) designing skills is a plus;
- Minimum 2-3 years of progressively relevant experience;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate work;
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software;
- Excellent command of Arabic and English languages.
The IT Assistant is taking care of the day- to-day support and troubleshooting of all in- house software and equipment (desktops, laptops, printers, phones, copy machines).
The required technical support entails:
Perform hardware and software maintenance duties
Troubleshoot and correct hardware/ software computer and network problems
Assist with the maintenance and operation of approx. 20 workstations as well as laptops
Assist in computer related as well as technical duties especially during the events of the RDI Programme (sound system, mics, power point presentations, display of movies, installation of laptops etc.)
Ensure all regularly (weekly/ monthly/ annually) backups complete successfully
Offer technical support of telephone system & copy machines
Offer technical support of servers in regard to their hardware and software in coordination with our Service Provider and ENSTINET, where the servers are located.
Develop creative IT solutions to manage administrative and logistical tasks within the day-to-day tasks or during special events of the RDI Programme
Develop creative IT solutions to manage administrative and logistical tasks within the day- to - day tasks or during special events of the RDI programme
Administrative tasks include:
Develop user guides with policies and procedures for all relevant equipments
Develop or/and assist in developing required TORs for relevant technical equipments (hardware & required software) of the RDI Programme. The task will be done in cooperation with the Procurement Department at the RDI Programme
Assist in assessing the offers and published tenders relevant to required technical equipments (hardware & software)
Report efficiently about the tasks done, status of maintenance and problems occurring to the system and propose creative solutions in favor of the RDI Programme
University degree preferably in communications, IT,or related fields;
Self – motivated & pro-active personnel with excellent writing, communications and (graphic) designing skills is a plus;
Minimum 2-3 years of progressively relevant experience;
Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment;
Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate work;
Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software;
Excellent command of Arabic and English languages.
For further information about the duties and responsibilities for these positions as well as the selection criteria please visit: www.rdi.eg.net
Interested persons are invited to submit their CVs joined with a letter of motivation
Before 23rd of March 2017 to the following email: email@example.com
Please use the title of the vacancy to which you are applying for as the subject of your email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted